Sunday, April 24, 2011

Pulling the Puzzles Apart

Maybe it is something in their aura. A certain part of their appearance breathes something different, whimsical in nature, it seduces the viewer. I knew not to expect it when I was younger, yet now am forced to daily consider why I miss out. I have found no comparison. Its power is unique and binding, even to those for whom it is not displayed. Granted, I still have plenty of time to spend waiting, but already I feel my patience running out. There are reasons as to why I have yet to encounter it. I know it already. I pass by seemingly good opportunities, and I trump up scenarios that would satisfy others. They were both dating other people, and he gave her that look; the kind that encompasses everything. I felt the intensity in his stare, even if it lasted for but a few moments. It contained deep understanding, and yet held a kind of deep yearning to unlock more of her mystery. Blame it on my casual air. I am so good at it. Two independent desires intertwined: to be left alone and to be with someone. I have done well to ignore the happy people around me, reasoning that it isn't all it's cracked up to be. I continue in my own happy way, never asking myself whether or not I would prefer the alternative. Because this is working. When I question whether or not to continue, I continue, because that's what you do. However, that look is what I await. Someday, my vulnerability will make a deserved appearance. Until then, it is always waiting on the surface, beneath a carefully constructed wall of apathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment